Re: libstdc++: compiling with iostream header: error: unknown type name 'char_traits'

On 20 June 2010 10:14, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 06/20/2010 07:33 AM, Nobin Mathew wrote:
>> Please help even if this is a dump question, I am new to the land of c++.
>>
> To be clear, the libstdc++ mailing list is about the *development* of
> the library, is not a generic help list whatsoever.

Which means cross-posting to libstdc++ and gcc-help is not appropriate.

It's possible that there is a bug in the libstdc++ headers which is
picked up by clang and not by g++, but since you didn't post a
complete testcase that case be inspected, there's no way to know.

If you think there's a bug, please provide a complete testcase
demonstrating it, either on the libstdc++ list or following these
instructions: http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/

If you have a basic question about using gcc please follow-up on the
gcc-help list.

>> iosfwd uses uses char_traits but bits/char_traits.h is included after
>> iosfwd in ios header

That shouldn't matter, char_traits is declared in bits/stringfwd.h not
bits/char_traits.h