Re: memory consumption

compiler@lavabit.com writes:

> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Jay K wrote:
>

>> Arg, due to memory consumption, gcc 4.3.5 cannot build itself or 4.5.0.
> Host compiler can build 4.3.5 but not newer due to c9x usage (I opened a
> bug, it appears to have gotten a lot of attention. :) )
>>

>> I got further with 4.5.0 by disabling -g and -O2.

> CLANG/LLVM is a viable solution if you are interested in using newer
> C and C++ features.

Please don't use GNU mailing lists to advertise programs that are not
part of the GNU project.  Particularly when you don't give any reason
to believe that your program will solve the particular problem faced
by this user.  And particularly when you make a false implication that
gcc does not support newer C and C++ features.

Thanks for your consideration.

Ian