Problem building gcc

I'm having troubles with gcc build (it's really irrelevant what version I'm building, version itself is ok)
I tried to google, and I see similar problem reported all over the web, but nobody ever finally got it resolved.

My problem is identical to this one: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2008-03/msg00044.html
It fails on configure step of binutils in libiberty. I have no idea what's the problem: everything is good, I have all the headers installed and I use gcc-4.4.0 as toolset to build crosscompiler.

In that particular case I have this config.status : http://pastebin.com/PSsaya6F
Yet, the final config.h is absolutely identical to config.in: http://pastebin.com/ecL4qkqT with the only change added is the single line at the top:
/* config.h.  Generated from config.in by configure.  */

Details of my environment: win7+msys and I'm trying to build cegcc crosscompiler. The src that I'm using is ok, I built it on Cygwin without that error, yet on msys/mingw it fails at the beginning.

I'm absolute ZERO or NULL in that black magic gibberish autoxxx scripts, so I'm asking for your help to resolve that issue. It seems that some of that atotools fail somehow to properly modify/parse some of the input files (CRLF issue maybe?). If It was a compilation issue I'd resolve it in no time, but since it's a configure failure I even have no idea what's called in what order so that I could see what script/program fails.

Than you

PS: That same problem was once raised on cegcc list but with the same outcome (unresolved): http://www.mail-archive.com/cegcc-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02642.html