This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Need help in debugging the unbuilt compiler
- From: Vaibhav Shrimali <vaibhav dot shrimali at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:43:54 +0530
- Subject: Need help in debugging the unbuilt compiler
I have made some changes in the source code of the compiler. But,
while building the compiler, it shows an error saying "conftest.c:
cannot compute suffix for object files".
To understand where I am wrong I have installed debugging tools like
"Valgrind" and "ddd". But when I try to debug the conftest.c file I
find that the compiler deletes the conftest.* files when it gets an
Without the object file how can I debug it.
If anyone have worked on debugging the compiler before please help me.
If there is any other way of debugging please tell me, or if I am
wrongly doing the task please correct me.