Re: Sparse Matrix Code??

On 04/17/2010 06:24 AM, Dean Anderson wrote:
Oh wizened wizards,

Does anyone know of a c/c++ sparse matrix code that handle a 20,000 x
20,000 adjacency matrix?  Probably only 3 ones in an average column.

I just need to compute X^n where n is from 2 to 8.

Or is this just entirely unreasonable to do in a couple gigs of memory?
(gcc 4.x, Linux x86)

Thanks,

--Dean

I have confronted with the same problem several years ago. It's about a LDPC(an error correct coding) code generator, very large sparse matrix like your case. And in most case, there are only 3 ones in an column. As I remember, a professor in Canada open his C source code, the idea is to use a cross linked list (a node has four neighbors, left, right, up, down). Search "LDPC source code" if you are interested it.

Thanks,
Shenli