This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: LTO: gimple does not encode all the semantics of a program ?
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: charfi asma <charfiasma at yahoo dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:53:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: LTO: gimple does not encode all the semantics of a program ?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:43, charfi asma <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> can so give a concrete example (source code) where gimple can not endoce all the semantics of the program ??
You can search bugzilla for LTO-related bugs: http://tinyurl.com/y5bkr2d
Most issues with gimple have been fixed, but some remain.
Particularly, when mixing optimization levels. Generating bytecode at
-O0 and then doing LTO at -O2 can cause problems right now.