This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fortran 90 passing user defined type member to a c fucntion
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: burlen <burlen dot loring at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:35:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: fortran 90 passing user defined type member to a c fucntion
- References: <4BAD0026.firstname.lastname@example.org>
burlen <email@example.com> writes:
> When calling a c function from a fortran 90 program with members of a
> user defined types for output arguments of the called subroutine the
> user defined types aren't being modified as they should be (according
> to my understanding).
When you call a C function, you get the C rules. It doesn't matter
whether you are calling it from Fortran or not. In C, a modification
of an argument is not reflected back to the caller.