This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: mode of CONST_INT
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Rajiv KI <rajivkumarsingla at gmx dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:47:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: mode of CONST_INT
- References: <email@example.com>
Rajiv KI <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Mode of RTL expression 'CONST_INT' is VOIDmode. Is there any way i can make
> its mode to SImode or any other mode even.
> I have tried PUT_MODE macro.As CONST_INT has only one operand as 'w' (wide
> integer).I think due to that It was not effective.
> Please help me in resolving this.
By definition CONST_INT rtxes have no mode. They take on whatever
mode the context requires. This is indeed awkward in some cases, and
sometimes requires maintaining the mode separately.