New Frontend

Ouch,

looking on how to get started with writing a front end ( or modifying an
existing one I found this snippet :
-----------
I agree with you, Tom.  There comes a point where maintaining an example
front-end to aid developers comes at a greater expense than just helping
the developers of new front-ends (or improving the documentation).
------------

So here is my question, where can I find documentation about creating a front-
end which is up-to-date. It seems
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7884 ( from 2005 ) is a good start though
I don't know how valid this 5 year old information is.

Ditto for
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/GCC-Frontend-HOWTO.html ( from 2002 )

My goal for this project would be to modify C++ to allow easier multi-threaded
programming, add garbage collection, utilize a runtime environment which
should handle scheduling, and thread pools, communications etc. and make all
of this as logically suitable as possible. Oh and it should be all integral
part of the programming language.

I know that none of my ideas is new but some one has to put it all together,
so why not me.

So I guess I am asking for advice on how to best go about doing this while
avoiding 'old' information, which is widespread throughout the Internet.

Thanks for the/any advice up front.

Varol :)