This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: surprising precision
- From: Bob Plantz <plantz at cds1 dot net>
- To: Jonathan <jsealy at cwgsy dot net>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 14:02:53 -0800
- Subject: Re: surprising precision
- References: <D5846594-AE6E-4BCD-B81E-6D8DB68EB780@cwgsy.net>
By the way, it may interest you to know that half the floating point values (in IEEE 754 format) are in the range -2.0 to +2.0, not inclusive.
On 3/3/2010 12:29 PM, Jonathan wrote:
Please have a look at my query posted at the following 3 forums.
It has not received any explanations yet.
On the one hand it appears not to be a problem but on the other hand
could be a spectacular bug.