Re: Need GCC-2.95 internals document or how to add a new port to GCC-2.95

Prashant Purohit <prashantpurohit025@gmail.com> writes:

>         I need the gcc internals document for gcc-2.95 version as I am not
> able to add a new target to this GCC version and getting error as :
>
>         configure: error: invalid value of canonical target
>         Configure in /root/newbuild/gcc failed, exiting.
>
>         There is no config.gcc file in /gcc-2.95/gcc/ directory and I added
> new target in only configure.in file in the same directory.
>
>          If anyone know about this please help me, As I want to compare
> current GCC version with GCC 2.95. I know GCC - 2.95 is timed out or very
> old version.

In gcc 2.95.3 there was no distinction between the user manual and the
internals manual.  You can build the gcc manual via "make gcc.info" in
the gcc subdirectory of a configured build directory.  You can read
the gcc.info file using the info program which is part of the texinfo
package.

You probably need to add your target to the top level config.sub file.

All that said, porting gcc 2.95.3 to a new target seems like a serious
waste of time.

Ian