Re: How to include a front end to gcc ?

Greicy.Costa-Marques@imag.fr writes:

>  I'm trying to add a small front end to gcc 4.2.4, but it returns me
> the following error:
>
> configure: error:
> The following requested languages could not be built: hello-world
> Recognised languages are: c,ada,c++,fortran,java,objc,obj-c++,treelang
>
> I used the following command into the \gcc-build:
> ../gcc-4.2.4/configure --enable-languages=hello-world

There are a lot of steps required to implement a new front-end, and
as far as I know they are mostly undocumented.

In this case I think you are missing gcc/hello-world/config-lang.in.

If you want to add a frontend, please be prepared to study the code
and the existing frontends to figure out what is required.

Ian