Re: fixed-point types not supported for this target

informat <davidz@tzi.de> writes:

> ich versuche gerade Code fÃr einen Atmel644p zu schreiben. Ich benutze
> Code Blocks und versuche gerade eine Bibliothek fÃr Fixpoint Arithmetik
> (avrfix) zu linken. Ich bekomme allerdings zu Zeilen wie dieser:
>
> extern _sAccum smulskD(_sAccum, _sAccum);
>
> ganz viele Fehlermeldungen dieser Art:
>
> error: fixed-point types not supported for this target
>
> Der Fehler tritt Ãberall, wo _sAccum benutz wird.
>
> _sAccum scheinen irgendwelche Typen aus dem gcc selbst zu sein, aber ich
> bin mit dem Thema nicht vertraut  und weià nicht , wo ich ansetzen
> soll...
>
> Hat jemand eine Idee?

Sorry, but this is normally an English mailing list, and you will
normally do better to ask your questions in English.  There are no
doubt German lists as well, but I don't know where they are.

I would expect to see that error message if I named a variable
"_Accum".  Names which begin with an underscore followed by a capital
letter are reserved for the implementation.  The name "_Accum" is used
by gcc as a keyword to implement a fixed-pointer accumulator.  This
follows a proposed standard for fixed-pointer arithmetic in C.

I don't know whether that answers your question.

Ian