Re: Problems with assembler files (gcc/CPU32)

GermanMike <cd-rom@gmx.de> writes:

> I've got a problem with the assembler files gcc produces. I try to evaluate
> them automatically by a scanner / parser combination. Therefore it is
> absolutely necessary to know all instructions that can appear. The problem
> is that I noticed there are instructions in the files that do not appear in
> the CPU32 reference manual like jbsr and movm.
> I was searching the internet the last three days but I could not find a
> complete list of additional instructions the gcc uses or alternatively an
> option to disable the "non-standard" instructions.

You neglected to mention which version of gcc you are using.

There are two different m68k assembly syntaxes which use slightly
different names for the instructions.  E.g., jbsr in MIT syntax is jsr
in Motorola syntax.  Most manuals use Motorola syntax.  To get the
Motorola syntax, rebuild gcc with -DMOTOROLA=1.  Or, teach your tools
to recognize MIT syntax.  You can find a complete list of both in the
file opcodes/m68k-opc.c in the GNU binutils.

Ian