Re: GCC 4.1.2 Vs 3.4.6

>> I think you meant 4.1.2, as you said in your title.

Sorry for the typo, I meant 4.1.2.

>> This is not an attractive choice, particularly if you use languages
other than C, or wish to optimize for CPUs introduced in the last 2
years.  I suppose 3.4.6 is there primarily for
>> compatibility with RHEL
4, while even 4.1 is out of date now.

Yeah the application includes C and C++ both.

>> If you are choosing a new gcc version for new projects, you might
consider installing current released versions of gcc and binutils.

Yeah I am planning to use a newer gcc version which can go well with RHEL 5. So apparently gcc 4.4.1 seems to be the latest, do you suggest me to go for it ?

 Thanks,
Rajat.