Compiling to Alpha Subset

Hi,

I implemented a small alpha processor and am now trying to use it. It
has only a very small subset of the alpha instructions. Is there a way
to tell GCC to use or not use individual instructions? Right now I use
a script to find and replace unsupported assembly instructions before
calling the assembler - but there many I haven't done yet.It would be
nice to avoid this so that I can turn on optimizations.

Thanks,
Dave