Re: What's the 'Mail' program mentioned on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html

On 08/18/09 12:20, Diego Novillo wrote:
[ Moved to gcc-help ]

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:48, Larry Evans<cppljevans@suddenlink.net> wrote:

which Mail

Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Aug 18 11:45:20

So how do I get it?

Ubuntu and fedora systems include it in the package named 'mailx'.

Thanks. I installed mailx and then `which Mail` succeeded; however, when I tried:

Mail -s test cppljevans@suddenline.net

and then just entered a 1 line message followed by
and empty line followed by Ctrl-D.  Nothing
showed in my thunderbird inbox for several minutes.

Any ideas what I should do.  I'm just trying to
submit the test results as instructed by:

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html

Is there come easier way?

TIA.

-Larry

It's not clear from your message which gcc script gave you this error message. The only I can think of is contrib/test_summary. If that one fails, it's not a problem because it's the one that reports your testsuite results.

Did you get a build tree or did the whole build fail?

No. The about output is what's printed by emacs after a compile where the compile command is just `which Mail`. It was just meant to show that I didn't have Mail.

Diego.