RE: dlopen() returns undefined symbol for library w/ RTLD_LAZY

Hi David,

When I run into undefined symbol problems, the first thing I do is make sure the symbol is where I think it is.

Use the 'nm' tool to get a dump of where (and what) you expect the symbol to be.

It may be something as simple as looking for "Foo", but the C symbol is "_Foo" on this other platform.  That's "C mangling" on some platforms.

Or it may be something more drastic as looking for "Foo", but the C++ symbol is "_S3FooCCpC" mangled which could stand for "Foo(char, char, char*)" -- and that mangled symbol should be (and is expected to be) C mangled not C++ mangled.

HTH,
--Eljay