Re: CY16-elf-gcc source

rakitw <snugandlucky@hotmail.com> writes:

> thanks for this. I wrote to Cypress but no reply from them. I also send
> email to RedHat support but the email bounced back. I thought of in general
> that GNU project should be distributed as a "MUST" as source. I thought of
> this was the idea. Does some one know where to find this?

It is absolutely required that *if* you distribute a GPL program in
binary form, you *must* also distribute the source code.  If Cypress is
distributing binaries without source code, they are in violation of the
GPL.  The next step would be to carefully read
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html .  In the case of gcc,
the Free Software Foundation is the copyright holder.

Note that the GPL does *not* require that you make source code available
to everybody.  It only requires that you make source code available to
people to whom you provide the binary.  In other words, unless Red Hat
provided the binary to you, they have no obligation here.

Ian