Re: Errors which may be related to hash_map

> I am running Fedora 10 and have been trying to compile & install a project
> by
> using the included make file, but I'm getting a bunch of errors. The make
> file specifies g++ 4.3.2. Here is my error (libAnomaly is a library which
> am trying to compile):

> ../../include/libAnomaly/item.h:149: error: 'hash' is not a template
> ../../include/libAnomaly/item.h:150: error: explicit specialization of
> non-template 'std::hash'

It looks like the code expects that std::hash is defined.  The C++
language does not define any such thing (C++0X does define
std::unordered_map).  So it looks like your code is simply not valid
C++.  You should contact the author of the code to see which compiler
they expect to use.

Ian

Actually the code was written by gcc, but the code is old, so it can't be
supported by new versions of g++, I changed the code so that I can compile
it using g++ 4.x, I add " __gnu_cxx " wherever it need hash_map.