Re: crti.o: No such file

booleandomain wrote:

Are you sure that this 'ld' wasn't configured using
'--with-sysroot=$sysroot' or something special?

Yes I'm sure.

Anyway I try to summarize what I did until now.

I'm using a Gentoo Linux system for building my own GNU/Linux system, but I'm not following the Linux From Scratch book at the letter.

<snip>

I then chrooted in $LFS using the following command:

chroot ${LFS} /static/bin/env -i PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/static/bin LFS_BUILD=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu LFS_HOST=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu LFS_TARGET=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu CFLAGS="-O2 -march=core2" /static/bin/bash

I then compiled and installed from inside the chroot the following packages (in this order): glibc, binutils, gmp, mpfr.

The next one should be gcc. But I can't compile it for the reason explained before.

Earlier you wrote something which really doesn't fit in your scheme :

>>> On GNU/Linux crti.o comes from glibc, not gcc.  It is normally found
>>> in /usr/lib.
>> On my system that file resides in /usr/lib64/crti.o.

So, where is this file, in the "native old root system" or in your new
chroot'ed self-made system?  Of course in your self-made system the
'$LFS/usr/lib64/crti.o' would be the component, from the self-made
glibc and the new chroot'ed GCC should find and use it, not the Gentoo
one in '/usr/lib64'.