Re: gcc 4.4.0: libstdc++.so has undef references to prior gcc versions

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Amitava Dutta wrote:

I recently built GCC 4.4.0 on Solaris 2.10 / SPARC.
The test results are here
 http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-05/msg02684.html

The libstdc++.so that was built has many UNDEF references
to symbols corresponding to prior versions of GCC.

Why is that so and how do I correct that?

That is called symbol versioning and I think it is normal (although I don't know in what cases gcc uses symbol versioning, I thought it was only with the gnu linker).

I'm trying to build GhostScript 8.64 using this compiler
and encountered this error:

/usr/local/gcc-4.4.0/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.4.0/../../../libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'

Which libgcc_s.so.1 got loaded when you had this error? It looks like the kind of thing that might happen if you use a recent libstdc++ with an older libgcc_s.

=== libstdc++ Summary ===

# of expected passes        5750
# of unexpected successes    2
# of expected failures        80