Re: multi core support

charfi asma <charfiasma@yahoo.fr> writes:

> GCC support many architectures and platforms. Did he support also
> multi processors architecture ?

Yes.

> If yes (As I expect, since it supports OPEN MP), can so give me an
> example of those architectures ?

Many modern processors can be run in a multi-processor mode, including
x86, PPC, MIPS, etc.

> Can we compile a source code that run in more than one processor in a
> single chip (MPPSOC)?

Sure.

You may be asking the wrong question.  The changes required to make gcc
support a multi-processor architecture are fairly small.  The changes
required in, e.g., the threading library are much larger.  gcc is just a
compiler, and does not provide a threading library; that would normally
come from your C library.

Ian