Re: [target.h] FUNCTION_ARG et al. called with type=NULL_TREE causes problems.

Georg-Johann Lay <avr@gjlay.de> writes:

> Several years ago -- before my time -- my company made a port for
> Infineon TriCore. It works and is about to be SIL sertified. It uses a
> similar ABI. I attached the patches. That are not very much changes,
> but I don't like this kind of hacks and would prefer very much to keep
> the frontend/middleend clean of backend issues.

That is an admirable goal, but in this case I think you are going to
have to change the middle-end to make your port work.  I recommend that
you contribute the patches back to gcc mainline for the benefit of other
users.  Of course this will require a copyright assignment or
disclaimer.

The small patch you sent looks quite reasonable.

Ian