GFortran Preprocessing

I have a mixed-language project I am trying to compile using GFortran
4.3 on a PC running Fedora 10.  I have some preprocessor directives in
both .f and .f90 files.  Is there a blanket option I can use to force
the compiler to use the preprocessor for these files?  There are
hundreds of files and I do not want to have to rename them to either .F
or .F90.  The make files are setup to use a common set of compiler
options so I cannot easily use the "-x f77-cpp-input" and "-x
f95-cpp-input" options piecemeal.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Randolph