Re: Can I build gcc 4.2.4 for 64 bit Intel Solaris 10 on a 64 bit Linux machine?

Kai Ruottu <kai.ruottu@wippies.com> writes:

> randux@inmail.sk wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I understood from your post that sysroot is used to point to the
>> Solaris files but I couldn't figure out how the end compiler is
>> supposed to know its path when it is finally built, because the sysroot
>> path won't exist on the target machine. I guess this is specified later
>> when building the target compiler somehow.
>
> When producing the "native" GCC, one will not use the '--with-sysroot='
> at all...

Although actually it can sometimes be helpful to use
--with-build-sysroot when building the native compiler.  That will set
the sysroot during the build, for use when building support libraries
(using the cross-compiler).

Ian