Issue with debugging information generated by compiler gcc 4.3.3.

HI,
I have an issue related to debugging information generated by compiler.
DEBUGGING TYPE is DWARF2.
COMPILER : gcc 4.3.3
Address of local variables is not generated aptly .
Lets take a sample code Example :
int main ()
{
int a , b, c;
a=10;
b=20;
c =a+b;
return 0;
}

when I debug it with gdb , address of variables a, b, c are not as intended .
All the local variables should be filled in between frame pointer and stack pointer ( stack is a top down stack).
Rather the local variables address are located 8 locations below stack pointer.

Can anyone point me to the apt solution for this problem. What macros should I refer to for correct debugging information generated by compiler.
Thanks in advance
Sumanth