Re: Link error 53

San Saeteurn <ssaeteurn1@gmail.com> writes:

> Using GCC 4.2.1 cross comiling on Windows to Linux.
> I am getting a link error:
>     "collect2: ld returned 53 exit status"
> What does this error code mean?
> I looked all over google and the only error codes I managed to find
> was 1 and 12.  Nothing on 53.
> Is there a place I can go to to view a listing of all the error codes
> and their meaning?

On a Unix host this would mean that the linker returned an exit status
of 53--that is, it called "exit (53);".  The GNU linker doesn't do that,
though.  I'm not sure what the exit status means on Windows.

Do you see any other error message from the linker?

If you run gcc with -Wl,-debug, you will see exactly how collect2 runs
ld.  You could then try that ld command yourself and see what happens.

Ian