Re: Declaring a function from gcc internals

"Vincent R." <forumer@smartmobili.com> writes:

> so I was saying we need to parse the __except(easy) and then declare an
> anonymous function
> with the instructions hold in the parenthesis and with the return value
> defined by the last
> argument in list :

Do you really need an anonymous function, or do you need an exception
region?  If the only way that the anonymous function can be called is
via an exception, then I suspect that you need an exception region.

Don't get too caught up in how the Microsoft compiler implements this.
You need to provide the same user-level functionality, not the same
internal implementation.  I recommend looking closely at how C++
exceptions are implemented.  Use the tree dumps to look at what the
parser produces, and look at how the exception lowering pass handles it.

All that said, you are mostly on your own here.  We can help with
precise questions about specific details.  You may not get any answer to
general or vague questions.

Ian