Re: .gnu.linkonce.? and .gcc_except_table

Hi,

In my .text output section the input sections include .gnu.linkonce.t*
amongst others.

I understand that it is possible under some circumstances for one or more
sections to have the same name.

Is it possible to cause this to happen deliberately, just for my own
curiosity, from within a C program? If so how would it be done? If not
possible using C how about using C++.

When the linker sees two input sections with the same name are we saying
that it only ever keeps one copy or are we saying that only if it starts
with the special .gnu.linkonce. prefix is just one section kept?

Regards John Farmer