Is it possible to just install Treelang without having to go through the make of GCC in the process?

Hi,
I'm developing a Treelang based frontent, using GCC-4.3.2  When I
configure --languages=c,treelang then I get both ready for a 'make'.  If I
specify just ...languages=treelang, can I bypass the c activity and just
make treelang?

Also when I modify the treelang codes, do I have to do a complete rebuild
of the gcc even just core to get the treelang built?  or is there a way to
just patch the treelang make straight into the pre-bootstrapped
(previously made and installed) gcc?

Thanks, Joe Garvey, Cork City, Ireland.