Re: Issue With "Nothing to be done for ..."

beneficii@gmail.com wrote:
> (I'm using Mac OS X, the latest version 10.something.5.)  Well, I
> don't really understand this message, but I keep getting this error
> when I use "make" to try to compile FCEU:
>
> Basically, I get just this output:
>
> Making all in src
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
>
> I do not understand the meaning of it, and in a search of GNU's
> website I have found no information on it.  It SEEMS to cause the
> linking to fail, but I don't understand it.  What can I do to resolve
> this issue?
Look up the make utility.  As it's posix compliant, it's not specific to
gnu make, nor is it directly a gcc help topic.
If your link fails, it's likely some dependency is absent from the file,
or you are expected to call out one or more make targets explicitly, which
are defined there.