Re: relinking a program with shared library

Marcin Kasprzak wrote:

> I wonder to know if it is possible to somehow perform
> a static (re)linking of already compiled binary that uses a shared libs?
> For example I have a binary "bin" which depends on "libA.so" and "libB.so".
> Would it be possible to relink it statically so that both libraries
> would be included within "bin"?

If this were possible on some platform, it would be a function of the
linker system (binutils, for many gcc targets).  It's certainly not
something gcc itself could do.
On all systems I am familiar with, if you have the objects made by gcc,
you can accomplish this by re-linking.