Re: sync_add_and_fetch problem

Charles Crisler wrote:
Hello GCC! I am trying to compile/link/run some code that uses
sync_add_and_fetch().

The real name of this function is __sync_add_and_fetch().

See: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.2/gcc/Atomic-Builtins.html

The dynamic linker is failing to load one of my
libraries because this function cannot be resolved. I thought that this
function was included with GCC 4.1 and later. I have Fedora 9 32-bit on
an x86 system with GCC version 4.3.0 20080428. Where should I look to
fix or go around this problem? Thank you! Chuck Crisler

If you are compiling all the code in your program, including the 'one of my libraries', *and* you use the proper function names, then it should work.

You need to post a small, complete, and runnable testcase for us to be able to help much more.

David Daney