Re: *** buffer overflow detected *** error

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
> ying lcs wrote:
>
>> I assume the fix is in (from the attachment in the bug)
>> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/17177324/xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1%2Bbuild1%2Bnobinonly-0ubuntu2.debdiff
>>
>> Can you please tell me how can I apply it?
>>
>> I 'cd' to my mozilla directory and then do 'patch -p0 <
>> xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu2.debdiff', I get a
>> 'File to patch' prompt.I don't know what to do.
>>
>> And i try 'cd' to my 'mozilla/xulrunner', and do the same thing, I get
>> the same prompt. I don't know what to do.
>
> That is a diff against a debian/unbuntu source package, not the mozilla
> source.  If you look at the contents it touches the debian rules file
> and includes patches-in-patch, i.e. the patch creates patches which the
> build system later applies to the upstream source.  You can't apply this
> patch directly to the mozilla source.
>
> If you are not working from a .deb source package (which you really
> ought to consider doing if you intend to install the result on your
> system, and you wouldn't have to mess with any manual patching or
> fiddling to get fixes) then you can click on the upstream mozilla bug
> 412610 which is linked on that site, where you will find the change as
> it was committed to the mozilla source:
> <http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/adf33dbb59d0>.  (Click on
> 'raw' to get the changeset as a patch file.)
>
> Brian

Thank you for your help again.

I tried it again, but I get this error "can't find file to patch at
input line 11"

$ patch -p0 < adf33dbb59d0.patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------

|# HG changeset patch
|# User Dmitry Potapov <dpotapov@gmail.com>
|# Date 1224561357 18000
|# Node ID adf33dbb59d04461121d236451dc8b5973b96fab
|# Parent 6e9a29a235ce506b4ca35fabefa34b48033beb69
|Bug 412610 - "MAXPATHLEN too small for glibc's realpath()" (define
MAXPATHLEN as PATH_MAX when PATH_MAX is available) [r=bsmedberg]

|--- a/browser/components/migration/src/nsDogbertProfileMigrator.cpp	Tue
Oct 21 16:36:29 2008 +1300
|+++ b/browser/components/migration/src/nsDogbertProfileMigrator.cpp	Mon
Oct 20 22:55:57 2008 -0500
File to patch: