Re: Building GCC 4.3.2 on powerpc-yellowdog-linux-gnu

Angel Tsankov wrote:
> Let's go back to the mailing list.
>
> Andrew Haley wrote:
>> Angel Tsankov wrote:

>>> I get some of the #include problems (and all problems due to
>>> undefiend macros) in stage 2.  However, I still have to add options
>>> to BOOT_CFLAGS to get past stage 2.  The most recent error message
>>> is:
>>> gcc/varasm.c:841: error: 'HAVE_COMDAT_GROUP' undeclared (first use
>>> in this function)
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> And, by the wat, what does it mean to debug the build?
>>
>> What you're doing, more or less.  Just fixing things as you go along.
>>
>> It's wrong to keep adding macros.  HAVE_COMDAT_GROUP should be
>> defined in gcc/auto-host.h.  You need to find out either why it
>> isn't or why that file is not being included.
>>
> Yes, it is in <build directory>/gcc/auto-host.h:
> /* Define 0/1 if your assembler and linker support COMDAT groups. */
> #ifndef USED_FOR_TARGET
> #define HAVE_COMDAT_GROUP 0
> #endif
>
> So, I guess either this file is not included in gcc/varasm.c or the
> USED_FOR_TARGET macro is defined.  Gonna check this now...

It turns out that <build dir>/gcc/auto-host.h does not get included in
<source dir>/gcc/varasm.c -- I inserted a #error directive in the latter
and retried to compile <soruce dir>/gcc/varasm.c (using the command from
the build) and I got the same error message as I did during the build.
I checked gcc/varasm.c -- it does not #include directly auto-host.h, so
it should include it indirectly via some other file, right?  If so,
which this file is expected to be?

Angel Tsankov