Re: armeb target cross compiler endianness question

"xenoneus ." wrote:

> I am trying to build a cross compiler for the "armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibceabi" target using gcc-4.2.4 for an embedded linux system based on arm 1176 processor core.
>
> I have a suspicion that the compiler defaults to little endian output.

This is <http://gcc.gnu.org/PR16350>.  It was fixed for 4.3:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=rev&revision=129999>.  (Somebody ought
to update that PR to set the status to FIXED and set the target
milestone to 4.3.0.)

Anyway, if you use 4.3 and it ought to automatically work when the
target matches arm*b-*.

> Is there a way to check the default endianness setting used by the compiler? I

How about: $target-gcc -dM -E - </dev/null | grep __ARMEB__

Brian