-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org]On
Behalf Of Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy)
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:02 AM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Issues when trying to compile gcc on AIX

Hi All

I am trying to compile gcc-4.3.0 on AIX 5.3. I sent CONFIG_SHELL to bash, did configure and when I do a make I get the below error and the make aborts :

sed -e 's/@gcc_version@//' <  > mkheadersT
/usr/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `>'
make: The error code from the last command is 2.

It is always in fixincludes directory. I tried to download gcc 4.2.3, but the same error. Any one tried to compile gcc on AIX successfully. I would very much appreciate your help.

With Regards

Vardhan