From: Rupert Wood [mailto:me@rupey.net]
Sent: Thursday, 10 July 2008 9:25 PM
To: Ellis Robin (Bundaberg)
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: RE: GCC-4.3.1 source from mirror - no configure file

:
> tar: ././@LongLink: typeflag 'L' not recognized, converting to regular

On Solaris 8 at least you get this if you're using Solaris tar instead
of GNU tar - I think some path names are too long.

I'd suggest trying GNU tar - if you're lucky this might already be
installed as gtar. I think you can also extract it with Solaris's pax
but I forget how.

Rup.

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.