Re: Assembler instructions not being created correctly for mutiplication in GCC

MichaelMontcalm wrote:
> Hi and thanks for the quick response.
>
> The exact commands I used are as follows.
> First to get the *.o file:
> /usr/local/sparc-elf/bin/gcc -c -g -o xy.o xy.c
>
> An second, following the instructions on the CMPware site I'm trying to
> follow to get the *.elf file:
> /usr/local/sparc-elf/bin/ld -g -e 0x0000 -T Cmpware.lnk -o xy.elf xy.o
>
> The *.o creates fine, but the error shows only when I use the second
> command, and only for multiplication and division (addition and subtraction
> seem to work fine).

OK, that explains it.  To get your final executable you must link
against libgcc.  The usual way to do this is to use gcc as the
linker, but if you can't do this you'll have to find all the libraries
in install/lib/gcc/<arch>/4.4.0/ and link against them manually.

This will be painful.

Andrew.