gcc linking

Hello,

I am trying to link the CLAPACK/CBLAS libraries with a C program using gcc (on a
RedHat Linux machine).  I know where the library file is located, but don't know
how to link with it.  I did not install the libraries myself, but I've been
assured that they are compiled.  Is there something I need to change in the
environment variables?  I don't know which version of gcc I am using.  If I can
clarify any information needed for this query, please let me know.

Thank you,
Mike Walker