Re: MPFR lib path missing from compile command(s) during configuration?

Eric Lemings wrote:

> I was just trying to build the 4.3.1 release on RH5.  During the
> configuration of libgcc, I get an error shown in the config.log file
> below.  This looks like an error in the distributed config files.  Or am
> I doing something wrong?  I had no such problem IIRC building the 4.3.0
> release.

> /build/lemings/gcc-4.3.1/./gcc/cc1: error while loading shared
> libraries: libmpfr.so.1: ca
> nnot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Where did you install mpfr?  If it's not in one of the default locations
like /usr/lib then it's your responsibility to tell the dynamic linker
where to find the .so file at runtime.  You can do this by adding its
location to LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.  This is not gcc's
responsibility, it's a generic requirement whenever you install a shared
library of any kind.

Brian