Re: Where should libiberty.a be installed?

libiberty.a ends up in /usr/lib (and the multilib in /usr/lib/ppc64)

This appears to be ignoring the "--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs" flags (which is honored AFAICT by all the other libs).

libiberty is not a runtime library.

I appreciate this, however, libiberty *is* installed into the user's DESTDIR.

Yes. However, it (the installed libiberty.a) isn't used by any of the installed GCC binaries, so it doesn't cause problems there.

OTOH, like I said, why is it installed at all by default?  Its header
files are not, so this would seem pretty useless.

Segher