Warning Supression Doesn't Work

I'm using gcc 4.1.3. I turn all warnings on with -Wall and treat warnings as
errors. My C++ project uses one class that wasn't written by me and I would
like to suppress all the warnings from it. So as it is suggested, I add
"#pragma GCC system_header" to the header file which defines the class.
Below is the structure of the header file. The source foo.cpp file includes
the header file with #include "foo.h". I still get basic warnings about
contents of foo.cpp, like unused parameters, etc. Do you know what I could
be doing wrong. I'm using qmake to generate the Makefile, because it's a Qt
gui application. As I said, here's the code:

#pragma GCC system_header // turn off all warnings

#ifndef _FOO_H_
#define _FOO_H_

... #includes

using namespace std;