Re: OT Rant on why C++ Sucks (Was Re: strict aliasing: how to swap pointers)

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Robert William Fuller
<hydrologiccycle@gmail.com> wrote:

>  </begin rant>
>
>  What a fabulous idea for a programming language!  Why not instantiate code
> for every subtle variation of a type?  Then, create a giant library called
> STL for that very purpose.  Watch your executables grow to multiple
> megabytes in size guaranteeing they won't fit into the cache of  any
> processor.  What better way to bring your quad-core processor to its knees.
> All hail the grand design of C++!
>
>  Ah, thank you :-)  I feel better now.  That was cathartic.
>
>  </end rant>

<begin tags do not contain slashes>

Not turning on inlining? What a great idea! It's obviously better to
do a function call for a tiny little operation than to just inline the
code.  Why, that way the functions even show up!  That must be better
than stripping it from the binary since it's never called.  Who needs
strong static type safety, anyways?

</end tag>