Re: Floating point optimizations

Alexander Monakov schrieb:
> This transformation is indeed included into -ffast-math.  I checked with
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-52)
>
> and it does eliminate the calculation.  What does generated assembly code look
> like in your case?  Note you may as well check on this code:
>
> double f(double a, double c)
> {
>   return c - (c - a);
> }
That's interesting. After your answer I checked with a gcc from Fedora
Core (Werewolf) and this removes it also. It seems like a backported
enhancement from vanilla gcc, version 4.3.0 does it as well.

Cheers,
Christian

--
Christian Keil                        /"\
Institute for Reliable Computing      \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign