Re: dead code identification

Diego Novillo wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Matthew Woehlke
<PLEASE.DONT.QUOTE.MY.EMAIL.ADDRESS@I.GET.ENOUGH.SPAM> wrote:

 I guess someone should point out that some commercial compilers (Sun's
 comes to mind) issue warnings for unreachable code. IMO this would make
 a nice improvement to gcc.

See -Wunreachable-code in the documentation. Unreachable code and dead code are different things

They are? If so, (not counting dead variables) I guess I don't know the difference. Neither, it seems, does wikipedia [1]. Maybe you should fix that? :-)

1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreachable_code

--
Matthew
"It's ok, I forgive you. I often confuse cream cheese with happiness myself ;-)" -- Jeremy Whiting (responding to a rather strange yet amusing conversation I'd started; also, I agree with the sentiment)