Re: Library error message.

Peter Morgan wrote:
> Hi
> I am getting the following error messages when I attempt to run a
> fortran 95 test program.
>
> peterm@currawong ~]$ a.out
> a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libg2c.so.0: cannot open
>
> The fortran compilation is apparently error less
>
> I have two installations of f95. One down the /opt tree and the other
> down the /usr/local tree. Both give the same error message.
>
> My .tcshrc file has the line
>

>  set LD_LIBRARY_PATH = ( /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /usr/lib
>
> and the echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH yields.
>

> [peterm@currawong ~]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /usr/lib

f95 is not the normal installed name of any gnu compiler.  libg2c would
come with g77.  If you had a working 32-bit installation of g77 in one
of those places, your LD_LIBRARY_PATH should enable libg2c.so to be
found.  libg2c.so.0 might be intended to be a symlink to an actual .so
library.  In recent years, gfortran has been supported well, while g77
has had no support.  For gfortran installation, see
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran