Re: gfortran 4.2 with openMP: why no speedup?

Tim,

> Do you expect your gfortran to interchange the loops?  Does it do it?
> Was this excerpt designed to prevent your current platform, whatever it
> may be, suffer in comparison with some other?

You're giving me way too much credit. :) I was just trying to figure
out OpenMP wasn't giving me any speedup over the serial version, but
in fact it was.

Re: your question, I exchanged the loops manually  and got much better
performance, so I'm guessing gfortran didn't exchange them.

Anand