Makefile help request

Question 1:
I am trying to establish the following dependencies in the attached Makefile
(currently, make executes every command in the makefile):

- for MCSIM_CPP files if there is a change to any .cpp file, re-compile that
specific file(s) to .o
- for DRAMSIM_C files if there is a change to any .c file, re-compile that
specific file(s) to .o (Note: there is 1 .cpp file in this set -
memory-dram.cpp)
- I tried to establish some macros (DRAMSIM_C, DRAMSIM_OBJS, MCSIM_CPP,
MCSIM_OBJS) but make doesn't seem to recognize unless I list all the files
manually.

Question 2:
If use the following line:
G++ -c mem.c mem.h dram.h

Is it the same as:
G++ -c mem.c mem.h
(assuming that #include "dram.h" is in mem.h?)

Thanks,
Robert